nectar’s most valuable asset is its people. Our core values speak to life balance, creativity, and ownership. As a start-up, we look for talented and passionate people who love working creatively and who will contribute to our culture of quality, accessibility, and innovation.
If you’re interested in joining us, see below for our current open positions.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your resume, portfolio, and/or links to your work, and a subject line to get our attention.
If you’re a passionate, glorious, mythical soul with superhero powers—we have an immediate opening for you with nectar in Charlottesville, VA. We create, compile metrics, and play in a great space—4th St. SE on the downtown mall. (I am working on the water feature install at this moment in fact.)
Do you prefer the Oxford comma?
The magic of our creative and our client relationships depends on the quality, desirability, accessibility of our nectar culture. And because we’re a start-up all about culture and creativity, don’t apply unless you like contributing to the nectar culture as much as you love working creatively and using the Oxford comma. We have a small, flat organization so be ready to work with the account team, art directors, SEO guru, office animals, and engage in internal and client discussions to explore web project direction.
Below is the trivial complex wizardry we want you to LOVE hard.
- experience designing responsive websites, landing pages, and email templates
- experience building WordPress websites based on a provided design (either from scratch or by modifying an existing theme)
- experience with SEO best practices and web analytics desired
- grow to believe (unless you already do) that cats are the most amazing creature
- ability to manage multiple WordPress websites, post blogs and perform updates for clients
- experience with IDX plugins
- experience preparing assets for and posting to multiple social media platforms
- provide leadership in developing new technologies and methods to advance nectar’s web offerings
- elevate copy—loving content is as important as loving the design you create with said content
- work with diverse client base—heath care, SPCA, developers, yoga, finance, IT, service, education